@Llanfyllin Workhouse, led by Sector39
- September 7, 8, 9th
- November 30th – Dec 2nd
- April 13, 14, 15th.
- Reconnect with Permaculture Principles and utilise them in a practical way
Reunite with course colleagues and meet new ones from other groups
Follow the progress and development of the project through the changing seasons and years
Practice skills, learn new ones and engage purposefully in a positive way in nature
Spend time with like-minded people, share stories and information in a social setting
Move from thinking to doing building confidence and experience by engaging with a developing site
The Action Weekend is £25 per person per night and includes Dinner, Bed and Breakfast at the Bunk House.
The Workhouse is a community owned historic building that literally used to be a poor house. Part of it is now a bunkhouse and its a fun place to stay for a weekend with a group of 10 -15 people.
- Workhouse bunkhouse is £15.00 per person per night
- Sctor39 donation for weekend £25.00 minimum
Food: Evening meal provided by Sector39, please bring and share your own produce or cooking for lunches, snack and to augment main meals.
Sunday roast in the Cain hotel Llanfyllin option also @ £10 extra
More on the venue
What is there to see in Llanfyllin area?
Sector39 and community partners have been advancing permaculture projects in the area for many years. As well as the magnificent Workhouse we have
- Cae Bodfach heritage orchard,
- Garth Organic garden,
- Treflach farm
- Tan y Fron Housing co-operative
- Dragons Housing co-op and shop
- Permanent Housing Co-operative
- One School One Planet project
- Cross Keys community space
- Cultivate horticulture project Newtown
and much more to visit and experience